workplace accident


Call Now To See If You Are Eligible

0800 327 7919

supermarket accident compensation

Request A Callback
Work and Workplace Injury and Accident compensation.

Specialist no-win no-fee
workplace accident solicitors.

See if you are eligible to make a claim, call us now:

0800 327 7919

or mobile 0330 223 1015

Frequently Asked Questions

Should I claim for compensation after an accident at work?

It is the responsibility of your employer to protect your safety and well-being in the workplace. If you suffer an injury as a result of an accident occurring in the work environment and you believe you were not to blame, you have a right to claim for personal injury compensation. Accidents can be minimised but they cannot be totally negated, so your employer also has a duty to take out Employers Liability Insurance. This will cover any claims for accidents in the workplace where the employer has been liable.

Can I still claim if my employer has been forced to stop trading?

Yes, you can still make a claim for compensation if your employer ceases trading. Your employer would have been covered by Employer Liability Insurance at the time for the accident. This will pay compensation if your claim is successful

Is there a time limit as to when I can make a claim?

In the UK the standard time limit for bringing a compensation claim is three years. The court has discretion as to whether the three year rule can be extended due to mitigating circumstances and in cases of industrial disease where symptoms may not become prevalent for many years, the date when the three year period begins is flexible

See Time Limits

Can I claim for loss of salary?

Yes, you can. You can claim for any costs which may have been a direct result of the accident such as treatment costs and associated daily living costs

What can I actually claim for following a workplace accident?

Fundamentally a personal injury claim should compensate you for factors directly related to the accident which have been detrimental to your life. Primarily it should cover any pain and suffering you may have had to endure and the long term effects it may have on your life or functioning. This can also include psychological suffering. Financially it should cover loss of salary, treatment costs, travelling costs (to places of treatment etc.) and associated daily living costs.

What is a denial of liability?

A denial of liability is a phrase to mean the person you hold responsible for your accident denies orally or in writing any fault for your accident and consequently refuses to pay you compensation for your injuries and financial losses. In such an instance, a solicitor experienced in workplace accidents and injuries can help you with taking the claim further.

How should I evidence my claim?

The more evidence you have of how the accident took place, the higher the likelihood your claim will be successful. Try to obtain as much evidence directly after the accident as possible such as photographs of the scene, witness statements, diagrams to help comprehension of how the accident took place. Ensure the incident has been recorded in your company accident at work book. You will also need to evidence any costs incurred because of the accident so keep relevant receipts pertaining to travel, treatment, and income etc.

Can I claim if the accident was due to the negligence of another worker?

In the eyes of the law any employee is deemed to be deputising for their employer. Your employer has ultimate responsibility for selecting appropriate workers, supervising behaviour and training. Therefore, if you are injured in an accident which is precipitated by the behaviour of a colleague it could be argued that the employer was negligent.

See Negligence of a fellow colleague

How long will a claim take?

It is very difficult to say how long it is likely to take to resolve your claim at this early stage. Much will depend on whether the defendant admits or disputes your claim and also sometimes medical evidence may be difficult to obtain. Once your solicitor has carried out initial investigations, they will be in a better position to advise you of how long it will take. However, you can be assured our pre-screened panel solicitors have a very good reputation for bringing claims to the right conclusion as quickly as possible.

What happens if I lose my compensation claim?

If you don't win your claim, you pay nothing. This is because you will usually have the benefit of a conditional fee agreement under the "No Win No Fee*" agreement, which covers the other side's costs. Your solicitor will explain this in more detail.

Will I have to go to court?

It is unlikely that you will need to go to court to have your case settled. Most cases are settled following negotiations with insurance companies and without the need to attend a court hearing. Your solicitor will ensure that you are comfortable with any decision to issue court proceedings and will talk you through the whole process long before any court date is set.

Will I have to visit the solicitor’s office?

No, we understand that your injuries might make it difficult for you to travel to see your solicitors. Most cases are usually dealt with by telephone and correspondence so you should not have to attend any meetings. In more complicated cases it may be necessary to arrange a face-to-face meeting with you in which case your solicitor will visit you at home.
When it comes to choosing your solicitor, Work Accident Helpline will give you the option to appoint a local solicitor if you prefer. However, you can be assured that most of our panels of solicitors work on national basis – that means they are prepared to travel to your home to meet you.

Will I lose my job if I bring a claim?

An employer is required by law to have insurance to cover their employees for accidents at work and therefore is not allowed to sack you if you are injured at work. Our panel of solicitors understand that this is a serious concern for you and will deal sympathetically with the case.

How we can help you claim compensation

At Workplace Accident Helpline our professional consultants specialise in helping people claim for accidents, illnesses or diseases which originate in the workplace. We guide you through the whole process on a no win-no fee basis. We will match the needs of your case and personal preferences with our panel of solicitors who are pre-screened experts in this type of claim. To make an enquiry simply fill in our compensation claim form or call us on 0800 327 7919

Speak to an advisor.

Call us free on.

0800 327 7919

Contact Us

Workplace compensation claim Office compensation claim Accident at work claim

0800 327 7919

0330 223 1015

Broadway House
208 Broadway

About Us

The Workplace Accident Helpline is committed to providing the best possible service to all our clients. We are committed only to the areas Personal Injury Litigation and Medical Law.