workplace accident


Call Now To See If You Are Eligible

0800 327 7919

supermarket accident compensation

Request A Callback
Work and Workplace Injury and Accident compensation.

Specialist no-win no-fee
workplace accident solicitors.

See if you are eligible to make a claim, call us now:

0800 327 7919

or mobile 0330 223 1015

Accidents Which Occur Through Poor or Inadequate Training

As well as ensuring that the work environment is safe and free from hazards and that you are issued with the correct personal protective equipment, your employer is responsible for facilitating the training which allows you to complete your work appropriately and safely. You can make a claim for personal injury compensation if you suffer an injury and your employer has not facilitated the following:

  • Assessed your ability to do the job
  • Provided training on how to use equipment
  • Provide regular and refresher training
  • Ensured there is supervision where necessary to monitor employees performance while carrying out a task.

Common accidents which occur through poor or inadequate training

  • Lifting accidents or manual handling accidents  This type of accident can occur in any work environment although they are more common in warehouses, construction sites, care homes and building sites. Manual handling training should be mandatory in these settings.
  • Accidents involving the use of machines  Your employer should have given you full training in the use of any machinery. There may also be a need for personal protective equipment and on-site supervision.
  • Forklift truck accidents  Forklift truck accidents are considered the most dangerous on-site vehicle. Full training should be given to drivers in context with the work environment they will be working in.
  • Accidents involving roll cages in supermarkets  Roll cages seem quite harmless but when they are full of products and cardboard boxes their weight makes them very dangerous. Also their castor wheels means they can run out of control at any time. Special training is needed to ensure safety at all times
  • Accidents involving knives e.g. in kitchens, cutting glass  We sometimes take our common utensils - such as knives in a kitchen - for granted. But in a work environment you are expected to use such tools safely and appropriately and possibly master specific skills. For this reason you should have received adequate training.
  • Employees handling hazardous chemicals  This does not mean specialist chemicals alone but also pertains to the storage and use of everyday chemicals such as bleach and disinfectant etc.

Making a claim

If the incident occurred within the last three years you can make a claim for compensation. Clearly the more evidence you have about the claim the more likely you will win your case. So where possible obtain the following information:

  • Ensure the accident is reported and recorded in the accident book.
  • If possible take a photograph of the scene of the incident
  • Get the names of any witnesses.
  • Keep receipts and documents which evidence everything you might reasonably feel you have incurred as a result of the accident. This may include medication, travel expenses, records of loss of earnings etc.

How we can help you claim compensation

At Workplace Accident Helpline our professional consultants specialise in helping people claim for accidents, illnesses or diseases which originate in the workplace. We guide you through the whole process on a no win-no fee basis. We will match the needs of your case and personal preferences with our panel of solicitors who are pre-screened experts in this type of claim. To make an enquiry simply fill in our compensation claim form or call us on 0800 327 7919

Speak to an advisor.

Call us free on.

0800 327 7919

Contact Us

Workplace compensation claim Office compensation claim Accident at work claim

0800 327 7919

0330 223 1015

Suite 2C
2nd Floor
5 St John Dalton Street
M2 6ET

About Us

Barrister-Direct is a limited company registered in England and Wales under Registration Number 09553902. 

The registered address is Suite 2C, 2nd Floor, 5 St John Dalton Street, Manchester, M2 6ET.