workplace accident


Call Now To See If You Are Eligible

0800 327 7919

supermarket accident compensation

Request A Callback
Work and Workplace Injury and Accident compensation.

Specialist no-win no-fee
workplace accident solicitors.

See if you are eligible to make a claim, call us now:

0800 327 7919

or mobile 0330 223 1015

Industrial Deafness Compensation Claim

An employee may find they are suffering with the symptoms of industrial deafness if they have been employed in a work environment where there are loud, sudden and unexpected noises over long periods of time. Typical scenarios would be a factory, construction or building site. The constant excessive noise may lead to an employee’s hearing loss or impairment. Your employer should provide protective equipment (such as ear defenders).

How do I know I may have been affected?

Impairment in your hearing can have an enormous effect on your everyday life and place your family and social life in jeopardy. You may find yourself unable to hear everyday conversations, having to increase the volume on the TV or radio, or you may feel vulnerable driving.

Sufferers have complained of tinnitus, muffled hearing, or difficulty in hearing high pitched noises. In many cases a doctor may diagnose a perforated ear drum or secondary damage to the ear known as acoustic trauma. It may lead to expensive treatment, long periods off work, or even prevent you functioning at work.

Your employer’s duty to protect you

If you work in an environment where there is constant excessive noise, your employer has a duty to facilitate all necessary steps are taken to ensure that you are protected and your health is not impaired. They must follow health and safety guidelines, allow breaks when they are deemed appropriate and issue protective personal equipment (PPE).

In 2005 the Noise at Work Regulations Act stated that there are limits to harmful noise that an employee should be exposed to – so therefore your employer should be seen to be monitoring the levels of noise. If you feel your employer has not taken appropriate steps to protect you against harmful noise levels in your work environment than you could make a personal injury claim.

Making a claim

You need as much evidence as possible that your deafness has been caused by the environment you work in when you make your personal injury claim. Unlike accidents like falls and trips etc. the time when this was actually caused is not always well-defined. So try to keep documents referring to when you first felt there was a problem, when you visited the GP, the diagnosis and treatment, any days away from work and how it has affected you both at work and in your social life. Keep any receipts for costs incurred.

How we can help you claim compensation

At Workplace Accident Helpline our professional consultants specialise in helping people claim for accidents, illnesses or diseases which originate in the workplace. We guide you through the whole process on a no win-no fee basis. We will match the needs of your case and personal preferences with our panel of solicitors who are pre-screened experts in this type of claim. To make an enquiry simply fill in our compensation claim form or call us on 0800 327 7919

Speak to an advisor.

Call us free on.

0800 327 7919

Contact Us

Workplace compensation claim Office compensation claim Accident at work claim

0800 327 7919

0330 223 1015

Suite 2C
2nd Floor
5 St John Dalton Street
M2 6ET

About Us

Barrister-Direct is a limited company registered in England and Wales under Registration Number 09553902. 

The registered address is Suite 2C, 2nd Floor, 5 St John Dalton Street, Manchester, M2 6ET.